This self-paced online training is for child care staff persons, caregivers and teachers assisting or responsible for the care of infants and young children. Upon completion you will be able to:
Part 1: SUID – Safe to Sleep
- Describe the differences between SUID and SIDS.
- Identify at least 3 facts about SUID and SIDS.
- Describe the “Triple Risk Model” theory relating to the main risk factors for SIDS.
- Identify 3 ways to provide a safe sleep environment.
Part 2: AHT – Reducing the Risk
- Describe the differences between AHT and SBS.
- Identify at least 3 facts about AHT and SBS.
- Identify strategies to prevent AHT and SBS.
Author: Jennifer J. Richardson R.N., B.S.N., P.H.N.
Jennifer is the owner and managing director of Health Consultants For Child Care Ltd. Jennifer is a 1994 graduate of the University of Minnesota School of Nursing and has over 30 years of pediatric nursing experience spanning clinical work in neonatal intensive care, home health care, school nursing, public health nursing and child care consulting. Jennifer is an approved trainer for the Minnesota Center of Professional Development #72407
Once you are enrolled, you can use the links on this page to start the course. Upon passing the knowledge quiz at the end of this course with a score of 70% and above, you will receive a “Certificate of Completion” showing that you’ve earned 2 CEUs. If you need help please Contact Us.